Welcome to the Cloverdale Playhouse, now in our second season, making our “mark on the Montgomery theatre scene by bringing ambitious, challenging, edgy, and high-quality entertainment to the local community.”*
The Cloverdale Playhouse will perform an excerpt of its upcoming show, Southern Voices, at this weekend’s festival and artisan market, Southern Makers. We’ll take the stage at 3:30pm. See Androcles and the Lion at the Playhouse, then catch the Southern Voices performance Saturday afternoon- then see the full show at the Playhouse Tuesday, May 7!
Announcing the Cast of ANDROCLES AND THE LION!
Adapted by Aurand Harris – Directed by Sam Wootten – Presented by the Playhouse Troupe (actors 6th-12th grade)
Androcles- Hannah McDowell
Pantalone- Curtis-Oliver Lane
Isabella- Sydney Burdette
Lelio- Matthew E Watkins
Captain- Matthew Klinger
Lion/Prologue - Mason Shell
The director wishes to thank all who auditioned!
The show will run 4 performances on May 3, 4 and 5th at the Cloverdale Playhouse.
Thank you, audiences!!!! The entire run of CABARET was SOLD OUT. One review called CABARET “one of the best theatre events in Montgomery’s recent history.”
Don’t miss IRISH VOICES March 16 – Tickets $15, available now!
or THE CLEAN HOUSE by Sarah Ruhl April 11-21 (tickets on sale here)
Season ticket holders may make reservations for regular season productions as early as they know their preferred performance date. Single ticket sales open 30 days prior to opening night.
The Montgomery Advertiser’s article on CABARET by Teri Greene – photos here by Mickey Welsh
Read the full story here: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013302100006
Rehearsals for CABARET with director Randy Foster. Photo by Mark Dauber c 2013.
Director Randy Foster announces the cast of CABARET:
- Emcee Bill Cobb
- KitKat Girls Jesse Alston, Katie Chamblee, Katie Svela Crews, Emily Flowers
- Kit Kat Boys Braxton McDonald, Chase McMichen, David Rowland, Matthew Walter
- Sally Bowles Sarah Carlton
- Clifford Bradshaw Wes Milton
- Ernst Ludwig Scott Page
- Fraulein Schneider Eleanor Davis
- Fraulein Kost Rhonda Crim
- Herr Schultz Billington Garrett
- Max George Jacobsen
Check out the Season’s Greetings video by River Region Arts!
- Check out the Opus Video by riverregionarts.org featuring interviews with the creative team behind this show reviews are calling “a must-see” and a “remarkable production”.
- Read Michael Howley’s blog, theatremontgomery, reviewing Opus on its opening night, and a review by River Region Arts’s new critic, Randy Foster. Critics and audiences agree that “something amazing his happening on that stage.”
- Opus is first on the Montgomery Advertiser’s list of things to do in the River Region: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20121011/GO/310110001/Big-weekend-tap-You-won-t-bored-River-Region
Find your role at the Cloverdale Playhouse!
Montgomery’s New Community Theater and a Home for the Performing Arts
The Cloverdale Playhouse, in the heart of historic Old Cloverdale, is the city’s only community theatre. As a performing arts center, we look to provide a home for all with a passion for the creative arts.
Onstage, backstage and all around the Playhouse, it is our community of volunteers that provides the talent and spirit that goes into our productions. Contact us to find out about volunteer opportunities, auditions for shows, and classes for K-12th students.
Join the The Cloverdale Playhouse email list and you’ll hear about our special events first. It’s the best way to keep up with the exciting calendar of plays, readings, concerts, benefits, and classes going on throughout the year.