Date(s) - 1 Jun 2013
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwriting Contest Submissions
We want to hear your stories! Comedy, tragedy, farce, or legend…winners will be presented in a Staged Reading on the Cloverdale Playhouse stage!
Plays may be submitted between May 5 and June 1, 2013. No fee required. Only one script per playwright accepted.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
About the Play
- - Non-musical, full-length plays for writers 19 years and older.
- - Non-musical, one-act plays for writers 18 years and younger. Must have parent’s or guardian’s written permission. All other requirements are the same.
- - No limit on number of characters
- - No restrictions on subject
- - Submitted scripts must be unpublished and must not have received a full production. The Cloverdale Playhouse reading is to be a world premiere.
- - No translations or adaptations of previously published works
- - No changes or revisions after submission
About the Format
- - Must be submitted by email to email@example.com as an attachment in adobe acrobat pdf WITH completed and signed copy of submission form available below or by request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Must be written in English
- - Adult Division: minimum 60 pages, maximum 120 pages, using the guidelines of http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.aact2.org/resource/resmgr/program_materials/script_formatting_guidelines.pdf
- - Young Writers’ Division: minimum 10 pages, maximum 30 pages, using the guidelines at the link above.
- - Script must include, near the front: Cast list, brief character descriptions, and set requirements
- - Script must have no indication of the author’s name on any page or in the file properties (this allows readers to be totally objective).
About the Reading
- - Winner will be notified by August 1, 2013
- - Members of the Cloverdale Playhouse Artistic Committee will judge the submissions and select a winner. The judges’ decision will be final.
- - The winning play will have a staged reading at the Cloverdale Playhouse by actors from the community on Monday, September 9, 2013.
- - Publicity for the event will be handled by the Cloverdale Playhouse. The winning playwright may be asked to participate in preparing the event and any media/marketing relating to the event.
While all reasonable care will be taken, the Cloverdale Playhouse cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, submitted scripts.
The Cloverdale Playhouse and judges will destroy all electronic script submissions after the close of the program.
Incomplete submissions will be ineligible for inclusion in the program.
Helpful link to Script Formatting Guidelines here: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.aact2.org/resource/resmgr/program_materials/script_formatting_guidelines.pdf
REGISTRATION FORM click here for file: REGISTRATION FORM for Page to Stage
Powered by Events Manager